Terms of service
Effective from 06 December 2018
At UNI we are building a collaborative community of creative people. UNI offers a place to upload your projects along with the thought process behind it and start discussions with other creative people who would be interested. This enables designers to share their work, get feedback and create new knowledge to make design more open and available to all.
Welcome to UNI! Here is a quick summary of the highlights of our Terms of Service:
- You own the content that you upload and post; you also grant us and other users of UNI certain rights and license to use it. The details of these licenses are described in Section (3) below.
- You are responsible for the content that you post. This includes ensuring that you have the rights needed for you to post the content and that your design does not violate the legal rights of another party (for example, defamation) or any applicable laws.
- You can repost the content from UNI elsewhere, provided that that you attribute the design back to UNI and respect the rights of the original poster, including any “CC Attribution” designated for the content.
- You can participate on hosted competitions on UNI. Uni hosts competitions in different domain with different competition organizers.
- You can take part in the competitions hosted on UNI by registering on the competition page and uploading the content on UNI. Participating in the competition will make you abide by the criteria of competition organizing partner. Details are described in Section (6) below.
- You can participate listed competition on UNI. UNI lists competition of other organizers. UNI is not responsible for the content displayed under the competition listing for details of the content you must check with the competition organizers. Details for the listed competitions are described in Section (6) below.
- You are responsible for the information displayed on your profile. You can enter your work, educational, personal information and information about your social profile. You can check your Privacy Settings to maintain what information is visible to public.
- We do not endorse or verify work and content posted by users. Our content and materials are provided to you “as is,” without any guarantees.
- You are solely responsible for your own use of the UNI. In case you see any violation of intellectual property rights/CC licenses, we may contact the content owner on your behalf to settle the issue. You need to right to us for such cases on firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We offer tools for you to give feedback and report complaints. If you think someone has violated your intellectual property rights, other laws, or UNI’s policies, you can initiate a report at the contact us portal or by using our in-product reporting tool such as “report”.
We are pleased that you want to join UNI and encourage you to read the full Terms of Service.
Table of Contents:
- The information we collect
- How we use your information
- How we share your information
- Your choices and obligations
- Other important information
1. User Agreement
You agree that by clicking “Sign up”, Sign up with social platforms or similar, registering, accessing or using our services (described below), you are agreeing to enter into a legally binding Contract with UNI (even if you are using our Services on behalf of a company). If you do not agree to this contract (“Contract” or “User Agreement”), do not click “Sign up” (or similar) and do not access or otherwise use any of our Services.
These terms of service (“Terms”) sets forth the agreement (“Agreement”) between you and UNIEGIS Network Private Limited, (“UNI” “we” or “us”). It governs your use of the products and services we offer through our website, applications and products (collectively “UNI”) as well as through Creative Common license (“CC” Attribution). Your personal data provided to, or collected by or for, our Services is controlled by UNI and will be governed under the law of NCT, India.
You agree that by clicking “Sign up”, Sign up with social platforms or similar, registering, accessing or using our services, you are agreeing to enter into a legally binding Contract with UNI.
1.2 Users and Visitors
This Contract applies to uni.xyz, its branded websites like, Unfuse, Commun, Stunnin, Funkt, Boun and other UNI-related sites, apps, communications and other services that state that they are offered under this Contract (“Services”), including the offsite collection of data for those services such as those who use hosted, listed competitions on UNI. Registered users of our Services are “Users” and unregistered users are “Visitors”. This Contract applies to both.
When you register and join UNI or enroll/subscribe for any of our branded websites you become a User. If you have chosen not to register for our services and our branded websites, you may access certain features as a visitor.
This Contract applies to uni.xyz, its branded websites like, Unfuse, Commun, Stunnin, Funkt, Boun and other UNI-related sites, apps, communications and other services.
1.3 Change of Terms
By using UNI, you agree to these Terms. If you don’t agree to any of the Terms, you can’t use UNI.
2. Use of UNI
2.1 Who Can Use It
Use of UNI by anyone under 13 years of age is prohibited. You represent that you are at least the age of majority in the jurisdiction where you live or, if you are not, your parent or legal guardian must consent to this Terms of Service and affirm that they accept this Agreement on your behalf and bear responsibility for your use.
At UNI Users are account holders. As a User you agree to: (a) try to choose a strong and secure password; (2) keep your password secure and confidential; (3) not transfer/sell any part of your account if the service for the same has not been provided on our website; and (4) follow the law and our list of Dos and Don’ts. You are responsible for anything that happens through your account unless you close it or report misuse.
Use of UNI by anyone under 13 years of age is prohibited.
In case our system detects that the data submitted at registration doesn’t comply with our Terms we may ask you to rectify or verify the information.
2.4 Notices and Service Messages
You agree that we will provide notices to you in the following ways : (1) a notice within the Service, or (2) a message sent to the contact information you provided us (e.g., email, mobile number, physical address). You agree to keep your contact information up to date.
Please review your Settings to control and limit the messages you receive from us.
You agree to provide us accurate information, including your real name, when you create your account on the UNI.
2.5 Sharing of Information
Our Services allow messaging and sharing of information in many ways, such as your profile, your projects, your ideas, your discussions, Direct messaging and blogs. Information and content that you share or post may be seen by other Users or Visitors. Where we have made Settings available, we will honor the choices you make about who can see content or information (e.g., people you have limited/blocked to follow your posts)
We are not obligated to publish any information or content on our Service and can remove it in our sole discretion, with or without notice.
We are not obligated to publish any information or content on our Service and can remove it in our sole discretion, with or without notice.
2.6 Competitions and Awards
When you participate in a hosted competition/award on UNI you abide by the rules of the competition organizers. You also agree that you are not doing any copyright infringement and retain ownership of the copyright and other intellectual property you submit on UNI. We will not be responsible for any communication between you and third parties that also includes Users who are currently using UNI.
You agree to pay the registration fee if any to participate in the competition and to use UNI for submission and judging of your entries. See Section (6) for details.
UNI also lists competitions from other organizers. UNI is not responsible for any incorrect information displayed on the UNI. You will contact the competition organizer in case you find any discrepancy on the same.
2.7 Acceptable Use Policy
In your interaction with others on UNI, you agree to follow the Acceptable Use Policy at all times.
You may close your account at any time by going to account Settings and deleting your account. It may take us up to 30 days to completely remove your account. In case you login back in to your account in the aforementioned period your account will get reactivated again. We may terminate or suspend your UNI account if you violate any UNI policy or for any other reason.
2.9 Changes on UNI.
We are always trying to improve your experience on the UNI. We may need to add or change features and may do so without notice to you. For any material changes/features which results in the change of Terms and Privacy, we will notify you in prior.
We welcome your feedback and suggestions about how to improve UNI. Feel free to submit feedback at aboutuni.xyz/contact or by dropping us a mail at email@example.com . By submitting feedback, you agree to grant us the right, at our discretion, to use, disclose and otherwise exploit the feedback, in whole or part, freely and without compensation to you.
When you participate in a hosted competition/award on UNI you abide by the rules of the competition organizers.
3 Content Rights & Responsibilities
3.1 Definition of Your Content
UNI enables you to add content in the form of, texts, photos, embed videos, links, and files to share with others. All material that you upload, publish or display to others via UNI will be referred to collectively as “Your content” You acknowledge and agree that, as part of using UNI, your design may be viewed by the general public including Users and visitors and may appear in search engines as well depending on the creative content licenses assigned to your content. Your content can broadly be divided under following category:
3.1.1 Definition of Your Work
At UNI you can showcase your “work” hereby will be referred as your “content”, this enables you to put your intellectual and creative property on UNI and can be viewed publicly. While showcasing your work you will need to assign the CC Attribution (learn more about the CC attribution) to your work, this will govern the way your content is being displayed on UNI and outside of it over search engines. CC Attribution will also define the rights of reproduction of your content and how it will be used over internet.
If your work is not suitable for Minors you will need to specify the content as “adult content” while uploading. Other users can also report about the content and upon verification we may change the attribution to your content and notify you for the same. If you think that this is not correct you may “appeal” for the same.
3.1.2 Definition of Ideas
You can post ideas in the form of text, images and embedded videos/audio/other media. An idea is a form of question and can be posted by users only. Your idea will be public and can be shared over internet and other social platforms as well, it can be re-shared by other Users of UNI as well. Users of UNI can discuss and give viewpoints on your ideas.
3.1.3 Definition of Discussions
You can post discussions on your work in the form of text, supported by images and embedded media. You can also initiate discussions on another User’s work. Initiated discussion are public and can be shared across UNI, other social media platforms and over web. Other Users of UNI can participate on your discussion and give their viewpoint on it. If the community finds your content/Post inappropriate, UNI can take action and remove the content upon User’s request.
At UNI you can share your work, ideas and start discussions. These are collectively called as your content.
As between you and UNI, you, or your licensor, as applicable, retain ownership of the copyright and other intellectual property in your content, subject to following non-exclusive rights granted to us: A worldwide, transferable and sub-licensable right to use, copy, modify, distribute, publish and process information and content that you provide through our Services, without any further consent, notice and/or compensation to you or others. This also means you assume all risks related to it, including someone else’s reliance on its accuracy, or claims relating to intellectual property or other legal rights.
As between you and UNI, you, or your licensor, as applicable, retain ownership of the copyright and other intellectual property in your content, subject to the non-exclusive rights granted to us.
3.3 Content Rights & Responsibilities
As between you and UNI, you own the content and information that you submit or post to the Services and you are only granting UNI and our affiliate the following non-exclusive license: A worldwide, transferable and sub-licensable right to use, copy, modify, distribute, publish and process information and content that you provide through our Services, without any further consent, notice and/or compensation to you or others. We may also use your content to promote Medium, including its products and content. We will not sell your content to third parties without your explicit permission. These rights are limited on following ways:
- You can end this license for specific content by deleting such content from the Services or generally by closing your account except (a) to the extent you shared it with others as part of the Service and they copied, re-shared it or stored it and (b) for the reasonable time it takes to remove from backup and other systems.
- We will get your consent if we want to give third parties the right to publish your posts beyond the Service. However, other Users and/or Visitors may access and share your content and information, consistent with your choices. In such cases the right of CC attribution will always remain with you.
- While we may edit and make formatting changes to your content (such as translating it, modifying the size, layout or file type or removing metadata), we will not modify the meaning of your expression.
- You are welcome to post content on UNI that you’ve published elsewhere, as long as you have the rights you need to do so. By posting content to UNI, you represent that doing so doesn’t conflict with any other agreement you’ve made with your co-worker, company, friends, or other similar platforms over Internet.
- By posting content you didn’t create to UNI, you are representing that you have the right to do so. For example, you are posting a work that has been referenced or taken from a public domain, used under license (including a free license, such as Creative Commons), or a fair use.
You accept full responsibility for avoiding infringement of the intellectual property or personal rights of others or violation of laws and regulations in connection with your content. You are responsible for ensuring that your content does not violate our Acceptable Use Policy, Copyright Policy, Trademark Policy, other published policy, or any applicable law or regulation. You agree to pay all royalties, fees and any other monies owed to any person by reason of your content.
- Because you own your content and information and we only have non-exclusive rights to it, you may choose to make it available to others, including under the terms of a CC license.
- You also acknowledge and agree that we may preserve your content and may also disclose your content and related information if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such preservation or disclosure in reasonably necessary to: (a) comply with legal process, applicable laws or government requests; (b) comply with legal process, applicable laws or government requests; (d) detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues; or (e) protect the rights, property, or personal safety of UNI, its Users, or the public.
- You understand that we may modify, adapt, or create derivative works from your content in order to transmit, display or distribute it over computer networks, devices, service providers, and in various media. We also may remover or refuse to publish your content, in whole or part, at any time.
- You further give us the permission and authority to act as your non-exclusive agent to take enforcement action against any unauthorized use by third-parties of any of your content outside UNI or in violation of our Terms of Service.
As between you and UNI, you, or your licensor, as applicable, retain ownership of the copyright and other intellectual property in your content, subject to the non-exclusive rights granted to us.
3.4 Our Content and Service Availability
3.4.1 Definition of Our Content and Materials.
All intellectual property in or related to UNI (specifically including, but not limited to our software, our associated apps, website, logos but excluding your content) is the property of UNI, or its subsidiaries and affiliates, or content posted by other users on UNI licensed to us (collectively “Our Content and Service availability”).
We reserve all rights to change UNI’s look and feel. Some parts of UNI are licensed under third-party open source as well as purchased licenses. We also make some of our own code available under open source licenses. As for other parts of UNI, you may not copy or adapt any portion of our code or visual design elements (including logos) without express written permission from UNI unless otherwise permitted by law.
3.4.2 Featured Content
Our editorial team may push some content on top without any monetary promotion to maintain the quality of content that is being displayed on UNI. Our team curate contents daily but it is also possible that we may take few days to push new curated contents on top. We don’t charge our users and will never do to promote or feature their content. We do not believe in advertising creative content. However, an organization or individual may hire User on UNI to create content for them which can be featured on UNI without we taking any charges/fee for the content.
All data that UNI collects (“data”) about use of our website and associated apps by you or others is the property of UNI, its subsidiaries, and affiliates. For clarity, data does not include your content and is separate from our content and materials.
3.4.4 Service Availability
We may change or discontinue any of our services. We don’t promise to store or keep showing any information and content that you‘ve posted.
Agreement in between your use of UNI and Us about our contents and the services that we provide under UNI.
3.4.5 Other Content, Sites and Apps
By using the services, you may encounter content or information that might be inaccurate, incomplete, delayed, misleading, illegal, offensive or otherwise harmful. UNI generally does not review content provided by our Users or others. You agree that we are not responsible for others’ (including other Users’) content or information. We cannot always prevent tis misuse of our services, and you agree that we are not responsible for any such misuse. You also acknowledge the risk that you, your work, team or your organization may be mistakenly associated with content about others when we let followers know you or your organization were mentioned in the news. You may opt out of this feature.
To enable a functioning community, we have Rules. To ensure usernames are distributed and used fairly, we have a Username Policy. Under our Trademark Policy, we’ll investigate any use of another’s Trademark and respond appropriately.
Our liability and responsibility to the services that we provide under UNI.
3.4.6 Our License to You
- We grant you a limited, non-exclusive license to use and access Our Content, Services and data as made available to you on UNI in connection with your use of our services, subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement.
- UNI gives you a worldwide, royalty free, revocable, non-assignable and non-exclusive license to re-post Our content and Materials anywhere on the web provided that : (a) the user who created the content has not explicitly marked the content as not for reproduction under the CC license. (b) you do not modify the content unless mentioned otherwise; (c) you attribute UNI by name in readable text and with a human and machine-followable link (an HTML <> anchor tag) linking back to the page displaying the original source of the content on https://uni.xyz on every page that contains our content and materials; (d) upon request, either by UNI or a user, you remove the user’s name from content where user has objection. e.g. (discussions, team members) (e) upon request either by UNI or by a user who contributed to the content, you make a reasonable effort to update a particular piece of content to the latest version on UNI; and (f) upon request, either by UNI or by a user who contributed to the content that has been deleted or marked as not for reproduction under CC attribution. (g) you don’t republish more than a small portion of our content. In exercising these rights, you may not implicitly or explicitly assert any connection with, sponsorship or endorsement by UNI or any UNI user, without separate, express prior written permission from us.
- You are not entitled to run any active promotion on UNI or use its services to promote content that does not belong to you. You will also not use UNI to promote your company or its services except you and your company’s intellectual property. We may push your content down on our feed if we find it to be an active promotion and acts as a spamming tool to misuse our services. We reserve the right to push curated content.
You will only use assigned services to promote your business and content such as listing competition on UNI.
- We may terminate our license to you at any time for any reason. We have the right but not the obligation to refuse to distribute any content on UNI or to remove content. Except the rights and license granted in these Terms, we reverse all other rights and grant no other rights or licenses, implied or otherwise.
- You may not do, or try to do, the following: (a) access or tamper with non-public areas of the Services, our computer systems, or the systems of our technical providers; (b) access or search the Services by any means other than the currently available, published interfaces (e.g., APIs) that we provide; (3) forge any TCP/IP packet header or any part of the header information in any email or posting, or in any way use the Services to send altered, deceptive, or false source-identifying information; or (4) interfere with, or disrupt, the access of any user host, or network, including sending a virus, overloading, flooding, spamming, mail-bombing the Services, or by scripting the creation of content or accounts in such a manner as to interfere with or create an undue burden on the Services.
By submitting suggestions or other feedback regarding our Services to UNI, you agree that UNI can use and share (but does not have to) such feedback for any purpose without compensation to you.
You agree to only provide content or information that does not violate the law nor anyone’s rights (including intellectual property rights). You also agree that your profile information will be truthful. UNI may be required by law to remove certain information or content in certain countries.
Licenses we grant to you under UNI to use your, our, others’ content within and outside UNI.
3.4.7 Permitted Uses
If you operate a search engine, web crawler, bot, scraping tool, data mining tool, bulk downloading tool, wget utility, or similar data gathering or extraction tool, you may access UNI, subject to the following additional rules: a) you must be a descriptive user agent header; b) you must follow robots.txt at all times; c) your access must not adversely affect any aspect of UNI functioning; and d) you must make it clear how to contact you, either in your user agent string, or on your website if you have one.
Additionally, these services should be handled keeping the risk of Intellectual property rights in mind. While crawling, scraping, mining data, you might be violating the rules of the services if the CC Attribution of the Content has not been followed.
3.4.8 No Endorsement or Verification.
Please note that UNI contains access to third-party content, products and services, and it offers interactions with third parties. Participation or availability on UNI does not amount to endorsement or verification by us. We make no warranties or representations about the accuracy, completeness, or timeliness or any content posted on UNI by anyone.
Use of UNI with an automated bot, scraping tool, data mining tool, bulk downloading tool, etc.
3.5 Intellectual Property Rights
UNI reserves all of its intellectual property rights in the services. Using the services doesn’t give you any ownership in our services or the content or information made available through our services. Trademarks and logos used in connection with the services are be the Trademarks of their respective owner. UNI logo and other Trademarks, service marks, graphics, and logos used for our services are Trademarks or registered Trademarks of UNI.
If you believe content on UNI violates UNI’s Acceptable Use Policy or otherwise violates applicable law (apart from copyright or Trademark violation) or other UNI policies, you may send us a mail, report or contact us to notify about such content.
We have no obligation to delete content that you personally may find objectionable or offensive. We endeavor to respond promptly to requests for content removal, consistent with our policies and applicable law.
UNI reserves all of its intellectual property rights in the services.
4 Integrated Service Provider
5 More from UNI
You may unsubscribe from receiving emails from us however we may still send you transactional emails or mail that we feel are important for you to continue using UNI.
5.2 Business and Paid Services
UNI is dedicated to solve real life problems for Designers, and creative people. To do so, UNI provides certain free and paid services (called as “Premium Services”), such as hosted competitions, posted jobs, royalty-based papers, articles and certain content that our users decide to be paid. If you wish to partner with us for any such business opportunity, you will be required to enter into separate and supplemental terms with us about doing business with UNI.
5.3 Buttons, Links and Widgets
You have permission to use UNI’s buttons, links and widgets, subject to these Terms of Service (including the disclaimers and limitations of liability) and provided that : (a) your use of such buttons, links and widgets link only to UNI; (b) you will not modify such buttons, links, or widgets or associated code in any manner; (c) you will not use any such buttons, links and widgets, and the website on which such buttons, links and widgets are used do not violate our Acceptable Use Policy.
5.4 Web Resources and Third-Party Services
UNI may also offer you the opportunity to visit links to other websites or to engage with third-party products or services. You assume all risk arising out of your use of such websites or resources.
You have permission to use UNI’s buttons, links and widgets, subject to these Terms of Service.
6 Competitions on UNI
To enable collaborations UNI offers a place to create and participate in the competitions on UNI. UNI enables competitions on UNI in two ways:
6.1 Hosted Competitions on UNI
Competitions on UNI can be hosted by our subsidiaries or a third-party organization. We do check the legitimacy of the organization but cannot guarantee their intention/behavior. When participating on the hosted competitions on UNI you are abode by the rules of the organization. We are not responsible for any fraudulent/misuse of UNI. You are solely responsible for all its criteria. Participating in a hosted competition on UNI also binds following rules to this agreement:
- We reserve the rights to change these conditions at any time without prior notice. It will be your responsibility to check these terms and conditions for any changes that have been made to the website.
- We are not responsible for any communications between users of the site and third parties. This also includes designers whose work is published on the site.
- You grant us the permission to share submitted work with third parties, which may include but is not limited to: potential employers, other blogs, websites and social media platforms.
- You may not attempt to gain unauthorized access to any portion or feature of the Site, or any other systems or networks connected to the Site. You may not attempt to obtain any materials, documents or information through any means not purposely made available through the Site.
- UNI is not responsible for the written or graphic content that is associated with our journal posts. Designers, authors or creators of any kind will be cited within their published works and retain responsibility that this work is their own and in no way conflicts with the copyright of another individual or organization. It is the responsibility of the original creator or author to verify prior to submission that all submitted work is either original content belonging to the creator or author. By submitting work in any way to UNI the individual or team accepts full responsibility for the text, images, video footage and any other form of media that is provided.
Competitions on UNI can be hosted by our subsidiaries or a third-party organization.
6.1.1 Security Policy and Methods of Payments
UNI understands the need of security of your personal details/details related to the transaction that you enter on our website and that’s why all the sensitive data related to your transaction/card is collected and processed through a secured system from one of our partner’s payment gateway. While entering all the data related to card/ banking account please check the green lock sign on the browse.
Our payment gateway providers are PayPal and Instamojo. Users can try entering any transaction related information through any of these gateways only. All the credit/debit cards are supported on UNI. Kindly enter the same email address/billing address through which you will be registering for the competition failing which our system might not be able to recognize the payments and a manual verification for the same might be required.
Any applicable taxes on the entrance fees will be displayed on the payment portal before the payment happens.
If you don’t receive a confirmation email of your payment within 24 hours please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with all your payment/registration details.
Our payment gateway providers are PayPal and Instamojo.
6.1.2 Ownership and Copyright
- The copyright and ownership of the project will always remain with the author. In case a reproduced content is submitted, the user will have to take the consent of the actual author of the project, in such cases the user will be responsible for any discrepancies or the legal issues that may occur during the competition.
- The entries submitted by the author will, however, be the owned by the UNI as well and we will have the right to distribute/publish/populate data at any place which we see fits best without any notification to the participants.
- Participants will be completely responsible for protecting the intellectual property of any submission to UNI events and competitions.
The copyright and ownership of the project will always remain with the author.
Submissions which do not comply with the submission guidelines/Eligibility Criteria/Terms and conditions of the website can be barred from participating in the competition without any prior notice. Any mark of identification on the submission will also result in the disqualification of the entries. Any submission received after the given deadline will be automatically disqualified.
There will be no tolerance to plagiarism. Unless otherwise stated through the use of image or text credit, the submissions must be original work of the participant. In submitting the entries, participants automatically agree that the work they have submitted is their work and their work alone unless otherwise credited and cited clearly and fully.
Any entry which is found guilty of plagiarism will be disqualified immediately, reported, and banned from entering any future competitions/ events/publications/ projects or events hosted by UNI and its partners.
UNI reserves the right to disqualify the entry, if UNI identifies any kind of mismatch in between the registration and details and the details received at the time of receiving awards (e.g. composition of students and professional teams)
6.1.4 Withdrawal of Competition
UNI reserves the right to withdraw the competition without any prior notice to the participants. In such a case registration fee will be refunded to the participants.
In the case where the participant wishes to cancel/withdraw his participation from the competition, participants can write us a mail and inform for the same. No refund for the registration fee will be given in such a case. Exceptional circumstances if any can be explained to UNI in writing along with the proof, We will consider these circumstances at our own discretion.
Submissions which do not comply with the submission guidelines/Eligibility Criteria/Terms and conditions of the website can be barred from participating in the competition without any prior notice.
6.1.6 Juror’s Decision/Selection of The Winner
- The decision of the Judges Panel is final, no appeals will be entertained and no further correspondence shall be entered into.
- If the selected winning Entrant cannot accept, receive or becomes ineligible for the prize for any reason, the prize shall be awarded to the next highest ranking. Submission of the remaining entries that meet the winning criteria.
- Unless stated otherwise Organizers association with the Competition judges is not legally binding and does not imply any contract or partnership.
- In cases where the total number of entries goes more than 50 organizing committee may shortlist upto 50 entries based on the general evaluation criteria upon juror’s consent.
6.1.7 Publication & Promotion
- Publications advertised in the Competition Brief are not binding to the Organizer. The Organizer shall make an effort to follow the announced Publication schedule but cannot be held responsible for Publishers’ decisions.
- Upon request, Entrants agree to participate in Promotional activities and Publicity arrangements with respect to the Competition. The Organizer is authorized to use all statements made by the Entrant in connection with the Competition without additional approval.
- Organizer reserves the right to run promotions on the Website, as well as to discontinue any of its promotions at any time.
- By entering the competition, the Entrant acknowledges and accepts that all aspects of any Submission – including but not limited to narratives, descriptions, details, images, illustrations, and animations – may be used by the Organizer for publicity purposes.
The decision of the Judges Panel is final, no appeals will be entertained and no further correspondence shall be entered into.
6.1.8 Integrity of Competition
To ensure Entrant anonymity and to protect the integrity of the Competition, upon registering with UNI each Entrant will upload their entries on a secured portal. The entry will be displayed anonymously to the jurors. However, all information collected regarding the Entrant will be stored under their user name on UNI and can be accessed at any time.
All Submissions shall be devoid of any marks, logos, symbols, or signs that may identify its authority or source. Any infringement of these rules will lead to immediate disqualification.
The judging panel will be made aware of an Entrant’s’ identity only after the winners have been selected.
The judging panel will be made aware of an Entrant’s’ identity only after the winners have been selected.
- The prize is announced in the Competition Brief for each place separately.
- To make the process smoother UNI releases the award at the end of every quarter of the year (i.e. March, June, September and December).
- For the award to be released the form must be submitted at least 30 days prior to the end of the quarter.
- In case of monetary award, upon processing the award may take up to 10 business days to get credited in the winner’s account.
- In a competition a user is entitled only for one award only. Under no circumstances a person will be entitled to receive more than one award in a single competition.
- In case of non-monetary award UNI will share the tracking code with winners however in case of non-delivery due to incorrect postal address UNI will not be liable for the non-delivery.
- Participants can download e-certificate from their project page on UNI.
- In case there are two winners for the same spot, the prize money will be equally distributed among the winners.
- All transaction charges are recouped from the prize fund.
- Any taxes applicable as per the country of origin of the competition organizer will be deducted from the overall prize money. Participants/winner traveling for event will have to arrange the VISA at their own cost.
6.1.10 Registration Fee and Associate Cost
Entrant must submit the Registration Fee (“Registration Fee”) at the time of Registration for the Competition.
All costs and disbursements incurred by an Entrant in preparing a Submission are the sole responsibility of the Entrant. Registration fee is non-refundable except in the case when the Competition is suspended.
Any taxes applicable as per the country of origin will be deducted from the overall prize money. Participants/winner traveling for event will have to arrange the VISA at their own cost.
By entering the Competition all Entrants grant to the Organizer an unrestricted, worldwide, irrevocable and royalty-free license (but not the obligation) to use his/her Submission as follows: publicly display by any means and in any media now and hereafter known, copy, modify, translate and/or adapt, archive and distribute in relation to Competitions and Publicity purposes without any further notice or remuneration to the Entrant.
All content that may go online at any point of time on a social forum/network. The author will be notified for the same to specify/choose the creative commons licensing of it.
6.2 Listing a Competition on UNI
A third party or organization can list their competition on UNI through our submission portal. Although our system verifies the competition, however we do not guarantee the information presented on our portal. You will check the details of the competition with organizing agency through their portal/website/email id.
6.3 Submit a synopsis on UNI
A third party individual or organization termed as “curator” can submit a brief/synopsis on UNI through our submit a Synopsis section for a competition. UNI verifies and publishes the competition depending on the choices that the third party or the organization has provided.
- UNI Publish these synopsis as a competition based on multiple factors and are solely decided by the organizing team of UNI with
- UNI Reserves the right to discard any synopsis without even notifying the users.
- UNI lists the organization/individual as a curator of the competition and thus may list the public profiles of the curator on with the competition on UNI.
- UNI reserves the right to discard briefs on extremely sensitive topic.
- Submitting a synopsis should not be used as a funding program for cause.
- UNI reserves the right to choose the jurors/judges for the competition prior to the announcement.
- UNI will provide the royalty at the rate of 20% above the prize money collected as a part of the registration fee or from the sponsors to the curators.
- UNI reserves the right to change the terms to submit the synopsis at any time.
6.4 Institutional Access by UNI
Institutional access is a collaboration service by UNI provided to the universities and institutions across the globe to participate in a global design challenge. UNI enables certain design challenges to be listed under the institutional access depending on the nature of the challenge.
- UNI reserves the right to withdraw the feature of institutional access without any prior notice.
- UNI allows only affiliated institutions/schools/universities/colleges to be a part of the institutional access.
- UNI can change the participation fee for every institutional access program without any prior notice.
- A third party may get only 1 Pass for institutional access for submitting an approved synopsis.
- Institutional access doesn’t allow university/mentors to bring people outside their university to be a part of the institutional access. Doing so will violate the meaning of institutional access and their entry will be disqualified without serving any notice.
- An institution will not be granted the access if a person associated with that institution is the part of the jury in the associated competition.
- One mentor can be a part of the multiple institutional access program.
- UNI reserves the right to change the terms of institutional access at any time.
- UNI can discard the access at any time if we find any violation of the terms of service by UNI.
By entering the Competition all Entrants grant to the Organizer an unrestricted, worldwide, irrevocable and royalty-free license to use his/her Submission.
7 Disclaimers and Limitation of Liability
PLEASE READ THIS SECTION CAREFULLY SINCE IT LIMITS THE LIABILITY OF UNIEGIS NETWORK PRIVATE LIMITED TO YOU.
“UNI” MEANS UNIEGIS NETWORK PRIVATE LIMITED, AND ANY SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, RELATED COMPANIES, SUPPLIERS, LICENSOR AND PARTNERS, AND THE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS AND REPRESENTATIVES OF EACH OF THEM. EACH PROVISION BELOW APPLIES TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW.
7.1 No Warranty
TO THE EXTENT ALLOWED UNDER LAW, UNI AND ITS AFFILIATES (AND THOSE THAT UNI WORKS WITH TO PROVIDE THE SERVICES) (A) DISCLAIM ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES AND REPRESENTATIONS (E.G. WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, ACCURACY OF DATA, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT); (B) DO NOT GUARANTEE THAT THE SERVICES WILL FUNCTION WITHOUT INTERRUPTION OR ERRORS, AND (C) PROVIDE THE SERVICE (INCLUDING CONTENT AND INFORMATION) ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS.
SOME LAWS DO NOT ALLOW CERTAIN DISCLAIMERS, SO SOME OR ALL OF THESE DISCLAIMERS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
This is our disclaimer of legal liability for the quality, safety, or reliability of our Services.
7.2 Exclusion of Liability
TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED UNDER LAW (AND UNLESS UNI HAS ENTERED INTO A SEPARATE WRITTEN AGREEMENT THAT OVERRIDES THIS CONTRACT), UNI AND ITS AFFILIATE (AND THOSE THAT UNI WORKS WITH TO PROVIDE THE SERVICES) SHALL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU OR OTHERS FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, OR ANY LOSS OF DATA, OPPORTUNITIES, REPUTATION, PROFITS OR REVENUES, RELATED TO THE THE SERVICES (E.G. OFFENSIVE OR DEFAMATORY STATEMENTS, DOWN TIME OR LOSS, USE OF, OR CHANGES TO, YOUR INFORMATION OR CONTENT).
UNI MAKES NO PROMISES WITH RESPECT TO, AND EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL LIABILITY FOR: (A) CONTENT POSTED BY ANY USER OR THIRD PARTY; (B) ANY THIRD-PARTY WEBSITE, THIRD-PARTY PRODUCT, OR THIRD-PARTY SERVICE LISTED ON OR ACCESSIBLE TO YOU THROUGH UNI, INCLUDING AN INTEGRATED SERVICE PROVIDER OR PROFESSIONAL CONTRIBUTOR; (C) THE QUALITY OR CONDUCT OF ANY THIRD PARTY YOU ENCOUNTER IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE OF UNI; OR (D) UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS, USE OR ALTERATION OF YOUR CONTENT.
YOUR SOLE REMEDY FOR DISSATISFACTION WITH UNI IS TO STOP USING UNI.
WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, UNI’S MAXIMUM AGGREGATE LIABILITY TO YOU FOR LOSSES OR DAMAGES THAT YOU SUFFER IN CONNECTION WITH UNI OR THIS AGREEMENT IS LIMITED TO THE AMOUNT PAID TO UNI IN CONNECTION WITH UNI IN THE SIX (6) MONTHS PRIOR TO THE ACTION GIVING RISE TO LIABILITY.
THIS LIMITATION OF LIABILITY IS PART OF THE BASIS OF THE BARGAIN BETWEEN YOU AND UNI AND SHALL APPLY TO ALL CLAIMS OF LIABILITY (E.G. WARRANTY, TORT, NEGLIGENCE, CONTRACT, LAW) AND EVEN IF UNI OR ITS AFFILIATES HAS BEEN TOLD OF THE POSSIBILITY OF ANY SUCH DAMAGE, AND EVEN IF THESE REMEDIES FAIL THEIR ESSENTIAL PURPOSE.
SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATION ON IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR CERTAIN TYPES OF DAMAGES. AS A RESULT, THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU IN WHOLE OR IN PART.
These are the limits of legal liability we may have to you.
You agree to release, indemnify, and defend UNI from all third-party claims and costs (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) arising out of or related to: i) your use of UNI, ii) Your Content, iii) your conduct or interactions with other users of UNI, or iv) your breach of any part of this Agreement. We will promptly notify you of any such claim and will provide you (at your expense) with reasonable assistance in defending the claim. You will allow us to participate in the defense and will not settle any such claim without our prior written consent. We reserve the right, at our own expense, to assume the exclusive defense of any matter otherwise subject to indemnification by you. In that event, you will have no further obligation to defend us in that matter.
Your agreement to indemnify and defend UNI from all third-party claims and costs.
Both you and UNI may terminate this contract at any time with notice to the other. On termination, you lose the right to access or use the Services. The following shall survive termination:
- Our rights to use and disclose your feedback;
- User and/or Visitors’ rights to further re-share content and information you shared through the Service to the extent copied or re-shared prior to termination;
- Sections 7, 8, 10, 11 of this Contract;
- Any amounts owed by either party prior to termination remain owed after termination.
You can visit your Settings to close your account.
Both you and UNI may terminate this contract at any time with notice to the other.
10 Dispute Resolution
This Agreement and any action arising out of your use of UNI will be governed by the laws of NCT, India without regard to or application of its conflict of law provisions or your state or country of residence. We both agree that all of these claims can only be litigated in NCT, India, and we each agree to personal jurisdiction of the courts located in NCT, India.
11 General Terms
If a court with authority over this Contract finds any part of it not enforceable, you and us agree that the court should modify the terms to make tat part enforceable while still achieving its intent. If the court cannot do that, you and us agree to ask the court to remove that unenforceable part and still enforce the rest of this Contract. To the extent allowed by law, the English language version of this Contract (including additional terms that may be provided by us when you engage with a feature of the Services) is the only agreement between us regarding the Services and supersedes all prior agreements for the Services.
If we don’t act to enforce a breach of this Contract, that does not mean that UNI has waived its right to enforce this Contract. You may not assign or transfer this Contract (or your membership or use of Services) to anyone without out consent. However, you agree that UNI may assign this Contact to its affiliates or a party that buys it without your consent. There are no third-party beneficiaries to this Contract.
If you access UNI, you acknowledge that this Agreement is between you and UNI only, and not with another application service provider or application platform provider (such as Apple Inc. or Google Inc.), which may provide you the application subject to its own terms. To the extent you access UNI through a mobile device, your wireless carrier’s standard charges, data rates, and other fees may apply.
You may not assign or transfer this Agreement (or any or your rights or obligations under this Agreement) without our prior written consent; any attempted assignment or transfer without complying with the foregoing will be void. We may freely assign or transfer this Agreement. This Agreement inures to the benefit of and is binding upon the parties and their respective legal representatives, successors, and assigns.
This agreement does not create a joint venture, agency, partnership, or other form of joint enterprise between you and us. Except as expressly provided herein, neither party has the right, power, or authority to create any obligation or duty, express or implied, on behalf of the other.
No waiver of any terms will be deemed a further or continuing waiver of such term or any other term. Our failure assert a right or provision under this Agreement will not constitute a waiver of such right or provision.
We reserve the right to change the terms of this Contract and will provide you notice if we do and we agree that changes cannot be retroactive. If you don’t agree to these changes, you must stop using the Services.
You agree that the only way to provide us legal notice or do any kind of legal communication is at the addresses provided Section 12. We do not guarantee to reply to any other mode of communication.
Here are some important details about how to read the Contract.
12 Contact Us
If you want to send us notices or services of process, please contact us:
ONLINE or by MAIL